VIDEO: How to read Modbus RTU device with SENECA R-KEY-LT in 3 minutes?
October 11, 2022
The use of different communication protocols in the same automation system is not unusual at all. It is often even a necessity to create a stable and precisely functioning system as well as a cost-effective machine. In production and other equipment, to ensure an automatic cycle of operation, it is necessary to control a bunch of both physical and chemical parameters.
The control of each of these parameters has its own characteristics and its own special know-how, which results in a wide range of manufacturers and in the end in a varied range of protocols.
Among the most widely used protocols among manufacturers of automation components are Modbus TCP/IP and Modbus RTU. Very often these two communication networks are used in the same system. Just as often, these protocols must be converted from one to the other so that the end system can interpret the received data correctly.
The most popular case: a Modbus TCP/IP Client device needs to read data from a Modbus RTU slave device.
In this video you will see:
- How to configure the Seneca R-KEY-LT gateway device
- How to configure a Modbus TCP/IP client
- How to specify readable registers on the Modbus TCP/IP client side
Application of R-KEY-LT:
- Reading Modbus RTU/ASCII devices with a Modbus TCP/IP device
- Reading a Modbus TCP/IP device with an RTU/ASCII device
- Data traffic monitoring through the web server
R-Key-LT gateway technical parameters:
- Supports Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Modbus TCP/IP
- 1x RS232/RS485 1x Ethernet interfaces
- 10-40 VDC power supply
- Working environment temperature -25...+70C
Main advantages of R-KEY-LT:
- Intuitive device configuration via Web server
- Protocol conversion Modbus TCP/IP to Modbus RTU/ASCII and vice-versa
- Led indication for determining data transmission and power supply
- Data traffic monitoring
Other articles and video materials about GATEWAY products:
- Profinet IO <-> ModBUS RTU / TCP-IP gateway from SENECA.
- Handy architecture creation with SENECA Z-KEY
- Want to integrate Meter-Bus devices into yout LAN
In stock: 5+ pcs
In stock: 3 pcs