Remote working is no longer a stranger to anyone, it creates unprecedented challenges that require new technological solutions. Recently, the global environment has been changing at lightning speed, requiring immediate action.
Remote access to data, equipment and systems is the perfect solution to manage production processes and analyse data quickly and anywhere in the world. It should be noted that this process is cyber-secure. You may ask, how is this possible? We can answer in one word: TOSIBOX®.
We have already talked about remote access devices before, but this time we have arranged an interview with Marks Viškins from AS “Biotehniskais centrs”, who is convinced of the benefits of Tosibox, as he has been using the product in his company for more than 8 years.
1. Tell us about your company and the industry you represent!
AS “Biotehniskais centrs” is engaged in the design and manufacture of equipment in the field of biotechnology. These machines are used in a wide range of biotechnology research and production processes.
2. How did you decide to implement Tosibox solutions?
Once we have built and installed the equipment for our customers, it doesn't stop there. Complex equipment requires close monitoring of data, so remote and secure access to customer equipment is essential. This led to a search for an alternative solution for consumer routers to organise remote access.
3. Please describe Tosibox 3 in words?
Safe, simple, universal.
4. How long did it take to set up your eco-structure?
The structure has grown and continues to grow with the increasing number of clients.
5. How long does it take to set up remote access at a new site?
If the production equipment is properly designed and runs smoothly, remote connection can be set up in minutes.
6. What have been the biggest challenges?
There were no major serious challenges. There were some configuration issues at the beginning.
7. What problems did you solve with Tosibox?
Safe, secure and simple remote connection.
8. What changed in the company after the introduction of Tosibox?
Problems that had to be solved with customers' IT administrators were resolved.
9. For which manufacturer/type (PLC/HMI/PC/IT) do you use the remote access solution from Tosibox?
Siemens PLC, Weintek HNI, PCVue SCADA, Yaskawa VFD.
10. What are the farthest points you have connected to using Tosibox?
Further customer installations that we have connected to with Tosibox come from countries such as Iran and the United Arab Emirates, and of course from European countries.
11. Who would you recommend Tosibox to - what sectors could benefit from this device?
I definitely recommend Tosibox solutions to all manufacturers of equipment and systems, in any industry, who want to use remote service.
12. What should I know if I decide to buy Tosibox?
If you are planning to implement Tosibox in your company, it would be advisable to know the basics of network organisation.
13. How do you rate the costs of implementing/using Tosibox compared to the benefits?
It is difficult to assess in monetary terms at the moment, it has to be looked at in the long term, but regarding the benefits, as I mentioned, we have a safe, secure and simple remote connection.
We stress that whether your business is concerned with remote access to data or production facilities, access control, cyber security, data aggregation or OT network management - Tosibox is a complete (SaaS) solution suitable for all industries and organisations, regardless of the size or quantity of the OT network.
If you need a Tosibox, contact ZTF Lāsma specialists who will help you find the most suitable and cost-effective solution. We are here to support!